Since the class last week on green smoothies the first weekend in October, I have had many requests for a recipe or two. Today, I wanted to share one of my favorites. You will find others in by clicking this link.
- 3 cups mixed green, semi-packed
- 1/2 medium cucumber, chunked (peeled if non-organic)
- 2 ribs of celery, chunked
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or water
- 1 cup water or unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup of water
- 3 +/- tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of seeds of choice or 3/4 cup of nuts
- Blend liquids with greens
- Add in cucumber and celery, blend well
- Add in seeds
- Blend until smooth
- In Joy
Makes about 32 ounces.
The best way to keep your smoothie fresh is to store it in an airtight container. Fill the container up as high as you can so there is minimal air in the container. Put the lid on and store in the back of your refrigerator. I like using 8oz or 16oz mason jars. This way I have a good amount to drink and the smoothie is not exposed to air for long.